April11 LMS Meeting - Avery Elementary
1. Discussion of CopyrightClarity: Copies available to borrow and read. The book provides a great explaination of fair use and some suggestions for educating staff. We will talk about it in more detail at a future meeting.
2. Common Read for next year: preview and give suggestions for a common read - use the titles provided or suggest another. We will decide in May so they can be ordered for summer reading.
3. Planning for next year: our focus will be on creating collaborative experiences between classroom and LMC learning, and on assessing learning in the LMC
4. April 20: at Hudsonlab: K-5 specialists will be meeting that afternoon to work on common experiences for the elementary program
5. Catalogingequipment without losing your mind: district level database being put into place next fall - will help to standardize and simplify cataloging district materials.
Equipment that is mobile (laptops, minis, cameras...) should be cataloged so you can keep track of what is where. Just give them a simple record and use your own barcodes - and get in the habit of keeping notes in the copy record. Check the equipment out to TLC or to 'repair' when sending it over there to be worked on, and share that checkout list with them - clearly identifying the machine and the barcode. A secure installation of Alexandria can be put on Tech aides laptop so they can get in the habit of keeping track as well.
6. SummerSchool book giveaway: We will collect used or donated books for elementary and middle school kids for an End of Summer School book swap. Gently loved discards are fine. I will let you know how many we need and where to send them ASAP. Rebecca and Joanne already have some gathered.
7. Template for reporting Library information
8. Bringwith you - summer reading lists if you have them, and World Book orders if youwant to participate in the group discount.
List assignments: 10 to 15 top reads for your assigned grade - send to gabrielle to be compiled for Liz Majino
Please contact Liz Majino with thenumber of Webster Reads brochures you would like for your building so she canget those printed.
World Book orders need to be sent to gabrielle by April 22.
I will check on Webster Reads incentives at the High School and let Sandy know what I find out.
JoAnne is piloting Kindle readers in the library. For discussion next year will be the use of ebooks in the library and in the curriculum.