Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
Home : Show-Me Standards
DESE Logo DESE Logo
The Show-Me Standards
Approved as a final regulation by the Missouri State Board of Education, January 18, 1996
GOAL 1: Students in Missouri public schools will acquire the knowledge and skills to gather, analyze and apply information and ideas.
Students will demonstrate within and integrate across all content areas the ability to
1. develop questions and ideas to initiate and refine research
2. conduct research to answer questions and evaluate information and ideas
4. use technological tools and other resources to locate, select and organize information
5. comprehend and evaluate written, visual and oral presentations and works.
8. organize data, information and ideas into useful forms (including charts, graphs, outlines) for analysis or presentation
9. identify, analyze and compare the institutions, traditions and art forms of past and present societies.