HIXSON I/MC HOURS
Monday:8:05 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Tuesday-Thursday: 8:05 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.
Friday: 8:05 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Checkout: Books (2 maximum) are checked out for 2 weeks. Magazines are
due on either Mondays or Fridays. Reference materials usually aren't
Overdue materials: Books and magazines turned in late are fined at the rate of 2 cents per school day for each overdue item.
Lost and Damaged Items: Students are responsible for the cost of lost
items, or damage beyond reasonable wear. Be careful if you and a
classmate are both using material for a project. If the book is checked
out in your name, you will be held responsible for it.
Students may visit the I/MC independently with a pass when sent by a
teacher during classes or during their lunch period. Passes can be
filled out by students, except for teacher signature and time. Passes
should be brought to the circulation desk upon arrival and placed in
the sorter behind the first letter of the student's last name. The
purpose of passes is to help students focus on what the need to
accomplish at the I/MC.
School computers are for research and education. The Hixson I/MC offers
both online and CD-ROM references. Students should sign in on the clip
board before beginning research. Please include the number of the
computer you will be using.
Internet users must have a signed Acceptable Use Policy on file at
Hixson Middle School and are expected to follow the guidelines stated
in that policy.
• Use only school software on Hixson's computers.
• Visit only appropriate web sites on the Internet.
• Print out only what is needed for school-related research.
• Use hardware and software respectfully.
• Use the Internet only when a staff member is present.
• Work on word processing.
• Look for inappropriate topics.
• Print out indecent or offensive material.
• Print out song lyrics.
• Print out multiple copies.
• Use e-mail.
The I/MC computers are NOT set to save data to the hard drive.
Please ask if you need help with printing! We have a 5-page limit, unless you are given permission for more.
1. No food, drink, or gum is allowed.
2. Follow directions the first time they are given.
3. Work as quietly as possible. A library doesn't have to be silent, but it should be quiet.
4. Keep hands, feet, and objects to yourself.
5. Handle all library materials carefully and respectfully. If you
don't want a book, leave it on the table and the librarians will put it
away. Better yet, use a shelf marker so you know where the book belongs.
6. Check out all materials before removing them from the I/MC.
7. Unless you are with a class, ALWAYS sign in at the circulation desk, even if you are just making a copy.
Students may visit the I/MC during their lunch period. These visits
require a pass, which may be obtained at the circulation desk any time
in the morning before lunch or from supervisors during lunch.
The I/MC copier is available to students with the following guidelines:
1. School business-FREE (if bringing an explanation from a teacher).
2. Personal business-10 cents per copy. Pay at the desk.
3. Students must ask permission before using the copier.
The Student Code for the copier is 0809.
The I/MC is open to students after school for study, research, or reading during scheduled hours.
1. Students will arrive by 3:20 p.m. If you arrive later than this
time, you should have a signed pass from a teacher or the office. A
sign-in sheet will be on the circulation desk.
2. Students will work quietly.
3. Students will need to check materials out and shut down computers at 3:50 p.m.
4. Dismissal is at 4 p.m., or when the student leaves the building for the day-whichever is earlier.
5. School bags and jackets are permitted in the I/MC before and after school only. Jackets may not be worn in the I/MC.
--the I/MC staff