Keep the A!
(Exciting Game of School!)
Number of players: One. Although most students may think that the teacher is also playing the game, in fact, the teacher is only there to facilitate the fair play of the game.
Objective: The objective of the game is for the student to keep the A that was given to him/her until final grades are to be posted.
Rules: Students must have all materials necessary, participate, and play the game fairly in order to win. Cheating will cause students to lose the game.
Strategies: In order to be successful the following strategies are suggested:
1. Come to class every day prepared.
2. Be on time to class.
3. Listen to the teacher carefully.
4. Check the board daily to see which assignments are due.
5. Write assignments in your assignment notebook.
6. Spend 15-20 minutes a day doing science homework.
7. Write in complete, informative sentences.
8. Use a ruler on all tables and graphs.
9. Turn in all work that is due on time.
Master Strategies: The following are some ideas that have helped other 8th grade students master the game:
1. Keep your binder organized.
2. Bring your own calculator
3. Come into the classroom ready to listen to the teacher.
4. While waiting for class to start, check the board for information for successful playing of the game that day.
5. Get any supplies out and ready to go (pencil sharpened, etc.) before needed.
6. Put your science book somewhere at home where you can easily find it. 7. When no homework is assigned, use the 15-20 minutes organizing your binder or reading a short section of the textbook.
8. Obtain a special folder that you put only the assignments that you are working on that day. Keep this folder in your binder.
9. Get all grade sheets signed and in on time for full credit.